The enclosed Benedictine monastery Santissima Annunziata of the Murate was founded in Florence by a group of nuns who had moved from a small house built over a bridge pier on the River Arno to a safer and larger building near the second city walls. Over the years the sisterhood’s numbers increased and other houses were built as well as a church and a pharmacy. The pharmacy was completely destroyed in a flood in 1557, after which it was rebuilt and moved to a different location within the monastery. This article presents information regarding the rebuilding works which terminated in 1562 and which are documented in a manuscript kept in the National Central Library in Florence entitled: “Cronache del VV. Monastero di Santa Maria Annunziata delle Murate di Fiorenza dell’ordine Cassinense del Glorioso Padre Abate et Patriarcha San Benedetto. Nelle quali si tratta di quanto è successo sino dal principio si’ della fondatione e edifitii come anco di ciascun’altro negotio intorno alli ordini Spirituali, et altri promotioni di Governi. A dì 31 gennaio 1597”.